The Survey Research Group (SRG) is a program of the Public Health Institute.
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. PHI generates and promotes research, leadership and partnerships to build capacity for strong public health policy, programs, systems and practices. PHI generates and promotes research, leadership and partnerships to build capacity for strong public health policy, programs, systems and practices.
Foster health, well-being, and quality of life through rigorous quantitative and qualitative research guided by the principles of equity in health, environment, education, and economic contexts.
- Provide high quality data and analysis.
- Cultivate innovative approaches to research.
- Conduct state-of-the-art research on a local to global
- Lead professional development and training in research methods.
- Forge partnerships with organizations, researchers, practitioners, and clinicians.
Expertise and Services
SRG began as a small computer assisted telephone interviewing unit (CATI) in 1987 to conduct the California Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System (BRFSS) for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in collaboration with the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). Since then, our culturally competent and linguistically specific services have expanded to include:
- Research and evaluation design and development
- Qualitative and quantitative data collection, cleaning, and analysis
- Bilingual telephone interviewing and an on-site CATI call center
- Tailored electronic survey design, development, and distribution
- Translation and cultural competency reviews for surveys and materials
- Forensic survey research and sophisticated weighting techniques
- Public health research and reports to inform policy and programs
SRG boasts a diverse and robust research staff with backgrounds in epidemiology, education, statistics, IT solutions, marketing research, cultural/ethnic outreach, public health, and social sciences. SRG clients include state and federal governments, academic institutions, tribal health programs, and private non-profit organizations.
For almost 30 years, SRG has earned its reputation as a highly competitive research and evaluation services firm. These years of experience, our commitment to client service, and our ability to tailor data collection instruments for specific populations and research goals sets us apart from our competitors.